Re: [mythsoc] A Lewis professorship question

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2012
      David,
          The Chesterton biography recently published will hurt your toes like a stone troll should you stub them on it.

          See you in East Lansing.

      Mike

      Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:05 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] A Lewis professorship question

      There is also a lot of useful information and documentation in The Book That
      Looks Like A Brick, volume 3 of Lewis's collected letters, p. 469-85. This
      includes a lengthy quote from a previously unpublished letter of Tolkien to
      the Vice-Chancellor of Cambridge giving his opinion of the circumstances
      that would induce Lewis to accept (p. 475). I hope and suspect that any
      subsequent scholarship on the subject would draw heavily from this important
      primary source.

      David Bratman