Re: [mythsoc] George R.R. Martin readers?

  • Travis Buchanan
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012
      On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:
      We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

      I've been to Longmont, and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Grey Havens.
    • GH Chinoy

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012
          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:

          Unfortunately, another smial had taken "The Misty Mountains." Do visit again, I'm sure you'll find our group embodies the spirit and demeanor if not the outward appearance :)

          Well said!

          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Travis Buchanan <travisbuck7@...> wrote:

          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:
          We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

          I've been to Longmont, and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Grey Havens.

        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012
            I’d ref anything on JRRT or Barrie, Janet.

            Mike

            Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:30 AM
            Subject: RE: [mythsoc] George R.R. Martin readers?

            I’ve found someone, but I DO need more referees in general, if anyone is interested.

            Janet Brennan Croft

            Associate Professor
            Head of Access Services
            University of Oklahoma Libraries
            Bizzell 106NW
            Norman OK 73019
            405-325-1918
            Fax 405-325-7618
            jbcroft@...
            http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

            http://libraries.ou.edu/
            Editor of Mythlore
            http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

            We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

            I wouldn't mind helping out, either!

            I'm looking for someone to referee a paper on George R.R. Martin. Any takers? It requires some knowledge of Tolkien's "On Fairy Stories" and "Beowulf" essays.

            mailto:jbcroft@...
            http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

            http://libraries.ou.edu/

          • Croft, Janet B.
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2012

              Thanks, Mike – I’ll add you to my list of potential readers!

              Janet