Re: [mythsoc] George R.R. Martin readers?

  • GH Chinoy
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31 8:26 AM

      We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

      I wouldn't mind helping out, either!

      On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Croft, Janet B. <jbcroft@...> wrote:

      I'm looking for someone to referee a paper on George R.R. Martin. Any takers? It requires some knowledge of Tolkien's "On Fairy Stories" and "Beowulf" essays.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 106NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

      http://libraries.ou.edu/

    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31 8:30 AM

        I’ve found someone, but I DO need more referees in general, if anyone is interested.

        Janet Brennan Croft

        Associate Professor
        Head of Access Services
        University of Oklahoma Libraries
        Bizzell 106NW
        Norman OK 73019
        405-325-1918
        Fax 405-325-7618
        jbcroft@...
        http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

        http://libraries.ou.edu/
        Editor of Mythlore
        http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31 8:31 AM
          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:
          We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

          I've been to Longmont, and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Grey Havens.
        • GH Chinoy

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31 8:59 AM
              On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:

              Unfortunately, another smial had taken "The Misty Mountains." Do visit again, I'm sure you'll find our group embodies the spirit and demeanor if not the outward appearance :)

              Well said!

              On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Travis Buchanan <travisbuck7@...> wrote:

              On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM, GH Chinoy <ghcfilter@...> wrote:
              We have a few in the Grey Havens group in Longmont, CO. I'll ask around.

              I've been to Longmont, and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Grey Havens.

            • Mike Foster
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31 9:09 AM
                I’d ref anything on JRRT or Barrie, Janet.

                Mike

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31 9:11 AM

                  Thanks, Mike – I’ll add you to my list of potential readers!

                  Janet