Mythopoeic Society Wikipedia entry

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
      Someone really ought to update the Society Wikipedia article:

      O.K., you're going to ask me, "Why don't you do it if it bothers you so much?".  Because it would take over my life.  I would never be satisfied.  I would soon be trying to fix many other entries as well.  I would end up fired from my job, evicted from my apartment, wandering the street begging for change which I would spend on time at an Internet cafe fixing Wikipedia entries, till at last I dropped dead sitting in front of a computer screen.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Mem Morman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
        wendell,
        just let other society members know when to start  and we'll gladly each donate a quarter to your paypal account to keep you on the internet making wiki changes.  oh, and i suggest that you use the money to buy coffee at starbucks and use their wifi - that way your poor, homeless body will hold out longer.
        hugs,
        mem

        On 8/30/2012 10:34 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:

        Someone really ought to update the Society Wikipedia article:

        O.K., you're going to ask me, "Why don't you do it if it bothers you so much?".  Because it would take over my life.  I would never be satisfied.  I would soon be trying to fix many other entries as well.  I would end up fired from my job, evicted from my apartment, wandering the street begging for change which I would spend on time at an Internet cafe fixing Wikipedia entries, till at last I dropped dead sitting in front of a computer screen.

        Wendell Wagner
      • Leslie A. Donovan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
          I made a few minor changes, but don't have time to do more. Not sure who keeps this up.

          Leslie

          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Mem Morman <mem@...> wrote:

[...]

          Leslie A. Donovan
          Associate Professor of the University Honors Program
          UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
          Regents Scholars Coordinator

          University Honors Program
          MSC06 3890
          1 University of New Mexico
          Albuquerque, NM 87131
          (505) 277-4313

        • Oberhelman, D
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012

            Thanks, Leslie.  The Stewards have been talking about the Wikipedia entries related to the Society, and we will keep an eye on them to keep them current and edit as needed.

            Thanks, Wendell, for pointing out we were stuck in 2011 on Wikipedia!

            David

            David D. Oberhelman

            Professor, Humanities-Social Sciences Division

            306 Edmon Low Library

            Oklahoma State University Library

            Stillwater, OK 74078

            Phone: 405-744-9773     Fax:  405-744-7579