Re: [mythsoc] New Tolkien Studies co-editor

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
      Two profoundly appropriate and much deserved promotions, both serving the good of the journal and its community of readers. Congratulations to David and Merlin. I'll echo these kudos in person at Mythcon in a few weeks. :)

      Jason

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012

        You’re coming, Jason?  Yay!  I thought that with the move and the new job, you might not.

        See you there!

        I’m bringing a few bottles of ChocoVine, Dutch chocolate in red wine.  We can lift a glass to David and Merlin then.

        Berni

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
          Sounds great! See you there, Berni! :)

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
            This is wonderful news. Although Doug Anderson's work will be much missed by Tolkien Studies readers such as myself, I can't think of any better people to be promoted than David Bratman and Merlin de Tardo.

            Looking forward to joining the celebration at Mythcon-- though I'll pass on that chocolate wine stuff of Berni's ;-).

            Leslie
            --
            Leslie A. Donovan
            Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
              Thank you all for the kind words. I've put my thoughts on this occasion at
              http://kalimac.blogspot.com/2012/07/student-of-tolkien.html

            • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 24, 2012
                  The corrected and updated Mythcon 43 schedule is online:

                  http://www.mythsoc.org/assets/mythcon-43-schedule.html

                  We hope to see many of you there.
                • Ferre
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 27, 2012
                    Good morning to all,

                    For those who read French, here is the twitter # for the conference on Tolkien & the Inklings, held in Normandy (Centre international Cerisy la salle), in presence of Adam Tolkien.

                    All the details & program here : http://pourtolkien.fr/spip.php?article122

                    best wishes,

                    Dr. Vincent Ferré
                    Professeur, Littérature générale et comparée
                    Université Paris Est (Créteil), Centre “Lettres, Idées, Savoirs”