Re: [mythsoc] New Tolkien Studies co-editor

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
      My congratulations to Merlin and David one taking the oars.

      Thanks and always all best wishes from me and Jo to Doug.

      The Road goes ever on.

      We hope to see you all next summer in Kalamazoo or/and Ann Arbor.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
        Indeed, congratulations to both Merlin DeTardo and David Bratman, as well as thank you and good wind to Doug Anderson.

        /Troels

        --
            Love while you've got
                love to give.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
          I should add a big thank you to Verlyn and Mike for their years of hard work, and continued service.

          Doug

[...]

                                      love email again

          • Jason Fisher
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
              Two profoundly appropriate and much deserved promotions, both serving the good of the journal and its community of readers. Congratulations to David and Merlin. I'll echo these kudos in person at Mythcon in a few weeks. :)

              Jason

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012

                You’re coming, Jason?  Yay!  I thought that with the move and the new job, you might not.

                See you there!

                I’m bringing a few bottles of ChocoVine, Dutch chocolate in red wine.  We can lift a glass to David and Merlin then.

                Berni

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                  Sounds great! See you there, Berni! :)

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                    This is wonderful news. Although Doug Anderson's work will be much missed by Tolkien Studies readers such as myself, I can't think of any better people to be promoted than David Bratman and Merlin de Tardo.

                    Looking forward to joining the celebration at Mythcon-- though I'll pass on that chocolate wine stuff of Berni's ;-).

                    Leslie
                    --
                    Leslie A. Donovan
                    Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                      Thank you all for the kind words. I've put my thoughts on this occasion at
                      http://kalimac.blogspot.com/2012/07/student-of-tolkien.html

                    • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 24, 2012
                          The corrected and updated Mythcon 43 schedule is online:

                          http://www.mythsoc.org/assets/mythcon-43-schedule.html

                          We hope to see many of you there.
                        • Ferre
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 27, 2012
                            Good morning to all,

                            For those who read French, here is the twitter # for the conference on Tolkien & the Inklings, held in Normandy (Centre international Cerisy la salle), in presence of Adam Tolkien.

                            All the details & program here : http://pourtolkien.fr/spip.php?article122

                            best wishes,

                            Dr. Vincent Ferré
                            Professeur, Littérature générale et comparée
                            Université Paris Est (Créteil), Centre “Lettres, Idées, Savoirs”