New Tolkien Studies co-editor

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
      Verlyn Flieger asked me to forward this to the list, which I am happy to do, not least because it affords me the opportunity to be the first to congratulate David, and also Merlin, as well as to thank Doug for his years of hard work, and wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

      Michael D.C. Drout and Verlyn Flieger are pleased to welcome David Bratman as third co-editor of Tolkien Studies. David will also be Book Review Editor, succeeding Doug Anderson, who has left the journal and is managing his own publishing imprint. For many years David has compiled the Year's Work section of the journal, and is admirably fitted to take on the job of Book Review Editor. Merlin DeTardo, who has worked with David on the Year's Work, will now be in full charge of the Year's Work.
      We look forward to working with David, and to future years of collaboration.

      Verlyn Flieger
      Michael D.C. Drout
    • Oberhelman, D

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
          My congratulations to Merlin and David one taking the oars.

          Thanks and always all best wishes from me and Jo to Doug.

          The Road goes ever on.

          We hope to see you all next summer in Kalamazoo or/and Ann Arbor.

          Cheers,
          Mike

[...]

        • Troels Forchhammer
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
            Indeed, congratulations to both Merlin DeTardo and David Bratman, as well as thank you and good wind to Doug Anderson.

            /Troels

            --
                Love while you've got
                    love to give.
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
              I should add a big thank you to Verlyn and Mike for their years of hard work, and continued service.

              Doug

[...]

                                          love email again

              • Jason Fisher
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                  Two profoundly appropriate and much deserved promotions, both serving the good of the journal and its community of readers. Congratulations to David and Merlin. I'll echo these kudos in person at Mythcon in a few weeks. :)

                  Jason

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012

                    You’re coming, Jason?  Yay!  I thought that with the move and the new job, you might not.

                    See you there!

                    I’m bringing a few bottles of ChocoVine, Dutch chocolate in red wine.  We can lift a glass to David and Merlin then.

                    Berni

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                      Sounds great! See you there, Berni! :)

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                        This is wonderful news. Although Doug Anderson's work will be much missed by Tolkien Studies readers such as myself, I can't think of any better people to be promoted than David Bratman and Merlin de Tardo.

                        Looking forward to joining the celebration at Mythcon-- though I'll pass on that chocolate wine stuff of Berni's ;-).

                        Leslie
                        --
                        Leslie A. Donovan
                        Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 14, 2012
                          Thank you all for the kind words. I've put my thoughts on this occasion at
                          http://kalimac.blogspot.com/2012/07/student-of-tolkien.html

                        • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 24, 2012
                              The corrected and updated Mythcon 43 schedule is online:

                              http://www.mythsoc.org/assets/mythcon-43-schedule.html

                              We hope to see many of you there.
                            • Ferre
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 27, 2012
                                Good morning to all,

                                For those who read French, here is the twitter # for the conference on Tolkien & the Inklings, held in Normandy (Centre international Cerisy la salle), in presence of Adam Tolkien.

                                All the details & program here : http://pourtolkien.fr/spip.php?article122

                                best wishes,

                                Dr. Vincent Ferré
                                Professeur, Littérature générale et comparée
                                Université Paris Est (Créteil), Centre “Lettres, Idées, Savoirs”