Re: [mythsoc] Bayeaux Tapestry

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2012
      Sarah -

      You've looked at the Wikipedia scroll image of the whole thing, right? Is that PD?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2012
        I must have overlooked that.

        I'd be interested in THAT for my own curiousity, but it wouldn't be useful
        for the book I'm writing, which is about "graphic sequential
        storytelling." That is the reason I'm looking for a long shot of the
        tapestry which I can use without paying a high (for my current budget)
        license fee. This is to illustrate a point in my book, so it WILL be in
        print.

        Like I said, there are a couple of lovely shots online that have this
        angle, but the copyrights and permissions to use them are not clear. So I
        need to find an image where I know EXACTLY who the copyright holder is.

        Sarah

      • John Rateliff
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10, 2012

          On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:20 AM, scribbler@... wrote:
          The purpose is to show that it is a long piece of "graphic storytelling".

          --in that case, don't forget The Papyrus of Ani!, which includes not just the sequence of visual images (in the chronological order of the events being told) but also narrative and in some cases dialogue.
             Sounds like an interesting project overall.

          --John R.