Re: [mythsoc] Bayeaux Tapestry

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10 7:21 AM
      Another thing you have to see in situ is the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Seen as a whole, it doesn't look anything like photographs of particular panels or small groups of panels, which is all I'd ever seen before, had led me to expect.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10 7:24 AM
        Sarah -

        You've looked at the Wikipedia scroll image of the whole thing, right? Is that PD?

      • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 10 7:32 AM
          I must have overlooked that.

          I'd be interested in THAT for my own curiousity, but it wouldn't be useful
          for the book I'm writing, which is about "graphic sequential
          storytelling." That is the reason I'm looking for a long shot of the
          tapestry which I can use without paying a high (for my current budget)
          license fee. This is to illustrate a point in my book, so it WILL be in
          print.

          Like I said, there are a couple of lovely shots online that have this
          angle, but the copyrights and permissions to use them are not clear. So I
          need to find an image where I know EXACTLY who the copyright holder is.

          Sarah

        • John Rateliff
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10 10:04 AM

            On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:20 AM, scribbler@... wrote:
            The purpose is to show that it is a long piece of "graphic storytelling".

            --in that case, don't forget The Papyrus of Ani!, which includes not just the sequence of visual images (in the chronological order of the events being told) but also narrative and in some cases dialogue.
               Sounds like an interesting project overall.

            --John R.