Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 10 7:20 AM
      Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

      David Bratman
      Mythcon 43 programming

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 11 8:54 AM
        Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
        Mem

      • wendell_wagner
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
          As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

          Wendell Wagner

          Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

          Bratman, David
          Christopher, Joe R.
          Croft, Janet Brennan
          Donovan, Leslie
          Drout, Michael D.C.
          Flieger, Verlyn
          Hostetter, Carl
          Olsen, Corey
          Vernon, Ursula
          West, Richard C.
          Williams, Donald
        • James Curcio
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014

            When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

            Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
            http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
            Sept 2014

            On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          • Alana Joli Abbott
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
              Wendell,

              I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

              -Alana

              Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
              Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
              Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
            • David Emerson
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                It's this weekend, James.

                http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                    Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                    Leslie

                    Leslie A. Donovan
                    Full Professor, Honors College
                    UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow