Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 9, 2012
      I will likely be there, at least part of the weekend, and I guess I qualify.

      Doug Kane

      Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:21 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

      The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the Society's journals.  This is to give me and anyone else who might be interested information about what books or magazines to bring along for autographing.  I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because, although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just because you wrote it.  I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because the list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such articles.  By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings.  I got these names by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this year's Mythcon.  If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to this mailing list.

      Wendell Wagner

      *****************************************************************************************************************************

      G. Ronald Murphy
      Malinda Lo
      Sherwood Smith
      Janet Croft
      Richard Lupoff
      Diane Paxson
      Susan Palwick
      Donald Williams
      Leslie Donovan
      David Bratman
      Joe Christopher
      Jason Fisher
      Christopher Gilson
      Carl Hostetter
      Arden Smith

      No virus found in this message.

    • mem@rialto.org
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
        Any chance at all that Zilpha Keatley Snyder might attend? I remember that she did attend the Berkley Mythcon that was held just before the LotR movies came out.
        Mem

        ___________________________________
        Sent using PCI Broadband webmail
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
          Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

          David Bratman
          Mythcon 43 programming

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 11, 2012
            Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
            Mem

          • wendell_wagner
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 3 7:26 PM
              As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

              Wendell Wagner

              Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

              Bratman, David
              Christopher, Joe R.
              Croft, Janet Brennan
              Donovan, Leslie
              Drout, Michael D.C.
              Flieger, Verlyn
              Hostetter, Carl
              Olsen, Corey
              Vernon, Ursula
              West, Richard C.
              Williams, Donald
            • James Curcio
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 3 8:22 PM

                When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

                Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
                http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
                Sept 2014

                On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

              • Alana Joli Abbott
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3 8:25 PM
                  Wendell,

                  I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

                  -Alana

                  Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                  Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                  Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
                • David Emerson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 4 7:11 AM
                    It's this weekend, James.

                    http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 4 9:54 AM
                        Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                        Leslie

                        Leslie A. Donovan
                        Full Professor, Honors College
                        UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow