Re: [mythsoc] Re: Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
      By George, I think you've got it! :)

      From: drldonovan <ldonovan@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 4:52 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

      Aargh... I just realized that the accent marks did not ACTUALLY come across correctly in the reply.

      So, Jason, just to confirm, your reply about what was correct said that...
      N + u with an accent + menor and
      N + u with an accent + men + o with an accent + rean(s)

      Is that right?

      Thank you!

      Leslie

      > Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)
      >

      > >________________________________

    • Leslie A. Donovan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
        Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the confirmation of what SEEMED to me to be correct. But since I'm only a medium passable Tolkien linguist, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks SO much.

        Leslie

        --
        Leslie A. Donovan
        Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

      • Jason Fisher
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
          Any time. I'm gratified to see people taking the accent marks as seriously as I do. Well, perhaps not quite that seriously. There aren't too many of us who are quite so picky. ;)

          Jason

          http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan