Re: Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

  • drldonovan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7 4:52 PM
      Aargh... I just realized that the accent marks did not ACTUALLY come across correctly in the reply.

      So, Jason, just to confirm, your reply about what was correct said that...
      N + u with an accent + menor and
      N + u with an accent + men + o with an accent + rean(s)

      Is that right?

      Thank you!

      Leslie

      > Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)
      >

      > >________________________________

    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7 5:01 PM
        By George, I think you've got it! :)

        Aargh... I just realized that the accent marks did not ACTUALLY come across correctly in the reply.

        So, Jason, just to confirm, your reply about what was correct said that...
        N + u with an accent + menor and
        N + u with an accent + men + o with an accent + rean(s)

        Is that right?

        Thank you!

        Leslie

        > Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)
        >

        > >________________________________

      • Leslie A. Donovan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7 5:12 PM
          Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the confirmation of what SEEMED to me to be correct. But since I'm only a medium passable Tolkien linguist, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks SO much.

          Leslie

          --
          Leslie A. Donovan
          Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7 5:24 PM
            Any time. I'm gratified to see people taking the accent marks as seriously as I do. Well, perhaps not quite that seriously. There aren't too many of us who are quite so picky. ;)

            Jason

            http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan