Confirmation of eBook editions of LOTR

  • drldonovan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
      Again, I am asking this for the book project I am working on, so please accept my thanks in advance.

      Can anyone confirm that the eBook versions of The Lord of the Rings now available (and also likely in the future) are based on the 50th Anniversary edition?

      I have checked the Kindle store and Barnes and Noble and I seem to find only the 50th Anniversary editions available either in a single volume or 3 volume formats. But, I don't seem to find the Second edition, revised impression in any eBook format. However, given the descriptions online I can find, I am not 100% clear on this.

      So, any news or thoughts about whether the 50th Anniversary edition is likely to be the only version available in eBook format would be useful to me.

      Leslie Donovan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
        My B&N e-book, published by HarperCollins, and purchased by me last year, includes the 50th Anniversary Edition introductory note, and has the changes made for both the 2004 and 2005 printings as noted in the Hammond & Scull LOTR Reader's Companion.