Re: [mythsoc] Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
      Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
        Aargh... I just realized that the accent marks did not ACTUALLY come across correctly in the reply.

        So, Jason, just to confirm, your reply about what was correct said that...
        N + u with an accent + menor and
        N + u with an accent + men + o with an accent + rean(s)

        Is that right?

        Thank you!

        Leslie

        > Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)
        >

        > >________________________________

      • Jason Fisher
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
          By George, I think you've got it! :)

          Aargh... I just realized that the accent marks did not ACTUALLY come across correctly in the reply.

          So, Jason, just to confirm, your reply about what was correct said that...
          N + u with an accent + menor and
          N + u with an accent + men + o with an accent + rean(s)

          Is that right?

          Thank you!

          Leslie

          > Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)
          >

          > >________________________________

        • Leslie A. Donovan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
            Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the confirmation of what SEEMED to me to be correct. But since I'm only a medium passable Tolkien linguist, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks SO much.

            Leslie

            --
            Leslie A. Donovan
            Associate Professor of the University Honors Program

          • Jason Fisher
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2012
              Any time. I'm gratified to see people taking the accent marks as seriously as I do. Well, perhaps not quite that seriously. There aren't too many of us who are quite so picky. ;)

              Jason

              http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan