Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
      Additional authors at Mythcon:

      Marie Brennan
      Tim Callahan
      Alexis E. Fajardo (Kid Beowulf)
      Valerie Estelle Frankel
      Lisa Goldstein
      Rosamund Hodge

      - Mythcon programming dept.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <WendellWag@...>
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:21 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

      > The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who
      > have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's
      > broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the
      > Society's journals. This is to give me and anyone else who might be
      > interested
      > information about what books or magazines to bring along for
      > autographing.
      > I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because,
      > although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on
      > Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just
      > because you
      > wrote it. I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because
      > the
      > list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such
      > articles.
      > By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about
      > fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings. I got
      > these names
      > by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this
      > year's
      > Mythcon. If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to
      > this mailing list.
      >
      > Wendell Wagner

      > G. Ronald Murphy
      > Malinda Lo
      > Sherwood Smith
      > Janet Croft
      > Richard Lupoff
      > Diane Paxson
      > Susan Palwick
      > Donald Williams
      > Leslie Donovan
      > David Bratman
      > Joe Christopher
      > Jason Fisher
      > Christopher Gilson
      > Carl Hostetter
      > Arden Smith
    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 9, 2012
        I will likely be there, at least part of the weekend, and I guess I qualify.

        Doug Kane

        Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:21 AM

[...]

        *****************************************************************************************************************************

        G. Ronald Murphy
        Malinda Lo
        Sherwood Smith
        Janet Croft
        Richard Lupoff
        Diane Paxson
        Susan Palwick
        Donald Williams
        Leslie Donovan
        David Bratman
        Joe Christopher
        Jason Fisher
        Christopher Gilson
        Carl Hostetter
        Arden Smith

        No virus found in this message.

      • mem@rialto.org
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
          Any chance at all that Zilpha Keatley Snyder might attend? I remember that she did attend the Berkley Mythcon that was held just before the LotR movies came out.
          Mem

          ___________________________________
          Sent using PCI Broadband webmail
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
            Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

            David Bratman
            Mythcon 43 programming

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 11, 2012
              Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
              Mem

            • wendell_wagner
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

                Wendell Wagner

                Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

                Bratman, David
                Christopher, Joe R.
                Croft, Janet Brennan
                Donovan, Leslie
                Drout, Michael D.C.
                Flieger, Verlyn
                Hostetter, Carl
                Olsen, Corey
                Vernon, Ursula
                West, Richard C.
                Williams, Donald
              • James Curcio
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014

                  When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

                  Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
                  http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
                  Sept 2014

                  On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                • Alana Joli Abbott
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                    Wendell,

                    I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

                    -Alana

                    Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                    Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                    Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
                  • David Emerson
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                      It's this weekend, James.

                      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                          Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                          Leslie

                          Leslie A. Donovan
                          Full Professor, Honors College
                          UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow