Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
      My name may not be on the "Attending" list yet, but I will be there. So
      I'd qualify, between THE SCRIBBLER'S GUIDE TO THE LAND OF MYTH , and
      "Robin Hood and Green Arrow: Outlaw Bowmen in the Modern Urban Landscape",
      (presented at the 1st International Conference of Robin Hood Studies;
      Rochester, New York; October 1997; published in Robin Hood in Popular
      Culture, edited by Thomas Hahn, 2000).

      Because the rest has been published in MYTHLORE.

      Best, Sarah Beach

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
        Additional authors at Mythcon:

        Marie Brennan
        Tim Callahan
        Alexis E. Fajardo (Kid Beowulf)
        Valerie Estelle Frankel
        Lisa Goldstein
        Rosamund Hodge

        - Mythcon programming dept.

        > The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who
        > have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's
        > broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the
        > Society's journals. This is to give me and anyone else who might be
        > interested
        > information about what books or magazines to bring along for
        > autographing.
        > I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because,
        > although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on
        > Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just
        > because you
        > wrote it. I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because
        > the
        > list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such
        > articles.
        > By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about
        > fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings. I got
        > these names
        > by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this
        > year's
        > Mythcon. If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to
        > this mailing list.
        >
        > Wendell Wagner

        > G. Ronald Murphy
        > Malinda Lo
        > Sherwood Smith
        > Janet Croft
        > Richard Lupoff
        > Diane Paxson
        > Susan Palwick
        > Donald Williams
        > Leslie Donovan
        > David Bratman
        > Joe Christopher
        > Jason Fisher
        > Christopher Gilson
        > Carl Hostetter
        > Arden Smith
      • Doug Kane
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 9, 2012
          I will likely be there, at least part of the weekend, and I guess I qualify.

          Doug Kane

          Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:21 AM

[...]

          *****************************************************************************************************************************

          G. Ronald Murphy
          Malinda Lo
          Sherwood Smith
          Janet Croft
          Richard Lupoff
          Diane Paxson
          Susan Palwick
          Donald Williams
          Leslie Donovan
          David Bratman
          Joe Christopher
          Jason Fisher
          Christopher Gilson
          Carl Hostetter
          Arden Smith

          No virus found in this message.

        • mem@rialto.org
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
            Any chance at all that Zilpha Keatley Snyder might attend? I remember that she did attend the Berkley Mythcon that was held just before the LotR movies came out.
            Mem

            ___________________________________
            Sent using PCI Broadband webmail
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
              Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

              David Bratman
              Mythcon 43 programming

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 11, 2012
                Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
                Mem

              • wendell_wagner
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                  As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

                  Wendell Wagner

                  Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

                  Bratman, David
                  Christopher, Joe R.
                  Croft, Janet Brennan
                  Donovan, Leslie
                  Drout, Michael D.C.
                  Flieger, Verlyn
                  Hostetter, Carl
                  Olsen, Corey
                  Vernon, Ursula
                  West, Richard C.
                  Williams, Donald
                • James Curcio
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014

                    When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

                    Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
                    http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
                    Sept 2014

                    On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                  • Alana Joli Abbott
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                      Wendell,

                      I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

                      -Alana

                      Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                      Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                      Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
                    • David Emerson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                        It's this weekend, James.

                        http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                            Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                            Leslie

                            Leslie A. Donovan
                            Full Professor, Honors College
                            UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow