Authors at Mythcon

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
      The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the Society's journals.  This is to give me and anyone else who might be interested information about what books or magazines to bring along for autographing.  I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because, although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just because you wrote it.  I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because the list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such articles.  By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings.  I got these names by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this year's Mythcon.  If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to this mailing list.

      Wendell Wagner

      *****************************************************************************************************************************

      G. Ronald Murphy
      Malinda Lo
      Sherwood Smith
      Janet Croft
      Richard Lupoff
      Diane Paxson
      Susan Palwick
      Donald Williams
      Leslie Donovan
      David Bratman
      Joe Christopher
      Jason Fisher
      Christopher Gilson
      Carl Hostetter
      Arden Smith
    • James Curcio
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012

        Http://iom.weaponized.net would fall under that list but I don't think I'll be making any physical conferences this summer, i'm holed up working on 2 books & a graphic novel, blah blah.

        Best to all

      • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
          My name may not be on the "Attending" list yet, but I will be there. So
          I'd qualify, between THE SCRIBBLER'S GUIDE TO THE LAND OF MYTH , and
          "Robin Hood and Green Arrow: Outlaw Bowmen in the Modern Urban Landscape",
          (presented at the 1st International Conference of Robin Hood Studies;
          Rochester, New York; October 1997; published in Robin Hood in Popular
          Culture, edited by Thomas Hahn, 2000).

          Because the rest has been published in MYTHLORE.

          Best, Sarah Beach

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
            Additional authors at Mythcon:

            Marie Brennan
            Tim Callahan
            Alexis E. Fajardo (Kid Beowulf)
            Valerie Estelle Frankel
            Lisa Goldstein
            Rosamund Hodge

            - Mythcon programming dept.

            > The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who
            > have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's
            > broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the
            > Society's journals. This is to give me and anyone else who might be
            > interested
            > information about what books or magazines to bring along for
            > autographing.
            > I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because,
            > although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on
            > Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just
            > because you
            > wrote it. I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because
            > the
            > list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such
            > articles.
            > By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about
            > fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings. I got
            > these names
            > by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this
            > year's
            > Mythcon. If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to
            > this mailing list.
            >
            > Wendell Wagner

            > G. Ronald Murphy
            > Malinda Lo
            > Sherwood Smith
            > Janet Croft
            > Richard Lupoff
            > Diane Paxson
            > Susan Palwick
            > Donald Williams
            > Leslie Donovan
            > David Bratman
            > Joe Christopher
            > Jason Fisher
            > Christopher Gilson
            > Carl Hostetter
            > Arden Smith
          • Doug Kane
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 9, 2012
              I will likely be there, at least part of the weekend, and I guess I qualify.

              Doug Kane

              Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:21 AM

[...]

              No virus found in this message.

            • mem@rialto.org
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
                Any chance at all that Zilpha Keatley Snyder might attend? I remember that she did attend the Berkley Mythcon that was held just before the LotR movies came out.
                Mem

                ___________________________________
                Sent using PCI Broadband webmail
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
                  Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

                  David Bratman
                  Mythcon 43 programming

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 11, 2012
                    Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
                    Mem

                  • wendell_wagner
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                      As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

                      Wendell Wagner

                      Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

                      Bratman, David
                      Christopher, Joe R.
                      Croft, Janet Brennan
                      Donovan, Leslie
                      Drout, Michael D.C.
                      Flieger, Verlyn
                      Hostetter, Carl
                      Olsen, Corey
                      Vernon, Ursula
                      West, Richard C.
                      Williams, Donald
                    • James Curcio
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014

                        When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

                        Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
                        http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
                        Sept 2014

                        On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                      • Alana Joli Abbott
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                          Wendell,

                          I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

                          -Alana

                          Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                          Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                          Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
                        • David Emerson
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                            It's this weekend, James.

                            http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                                Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                                Leslie

                                Leslie A. Donovan
                                Full Professor, Honors College
                                UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow