Re: [mythsoc] History of the Mythopoeic Press

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2012
      I don't recall whether you got an answer to this question last week, but the
      Mytho Press was a long time aborning. Joe Christopher originally made a
      proposal for it in the mid 1970s. The idea was approved by the Council
      sometime in the early 1990s, but it remained a paper entity (if you'll
      excuse the expression) for a while; when the Tolkien Centenary Conference
      Proceedings was published in 1995, it had the Press imprint on it, but that
      was simply because we had such an entity. It really got going a couple
      years later, and published its first book in 1998, though even that was a
      hesitant attempt. But by the next year, when I was working on editing the
      Masques, there was a full and active publishing board for me to deal with:
      Joan Verba, Ted Sherman, Joe Christopher (I think), and a couple other
      people.

      David Bratman

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2012

        Thanks – this is very useful. Since we’ve gotten so much more than I need for my bit in the Mythlore Plus Index, we’re also going to update the history pages on the website.

        Janet Brennan Croft