Neil Gaiman on C.S. Lewis

  • davise@cs.nyu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      Charming quote from Neil Gaiman in an interview today's NY Times Book Review:

      C.S. Lewis was the first writer to make me aware the somebody was writing the book I was reading --- those wonderful parenthetical asides to the reader. I would think, "When I am a writer, I shall do parenthetical asides. And footnotes. There will be footnotes. I wonder how you do them. And italics. How do you make italics happen?"