Re: [mythsoc] ? - Possibly a review copy, Kathleen

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2012
      If you've written a review for Mythlore or Mythprint, it's possible the
      author (who is a member of the Society) sent it to you as a review copy. I
      know she's published other works through Lulu.

      Just my guess.

      Sarah

      > Friends,
      >
      > I have received an item: "Five Points Akropolis."
      >
      > This was delivered to my home address, as Lamantia, Kathleen F.
      > MYTHOPOEIC
      > SOCIETY
      > My
      > home
      > address
      >
      > The enclosed "Shipment Summary" showed 1 copy, no charge, and a notation
      > thanking me for shopping at lulu.com
      >
      > I did not order this, nor have I ever shopped at lulu.com
      >
      > Did all members of our society receive one?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Kathleen F. Lamantia
      >

      > To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tuhonbillmcg@...
      > Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:03:17 +0000
      > Subject: [mythsoc] Free high fantasy ebook

      > Hi Folks,
      >

      > My novel Asulon, book one in The Sword of Fire series is part of a kindle
      > promotion offering the ebook free of charge from April 4th though Easter
      > Sunday, April 8th.
      >

      > To get your free ebook, go to:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/ASULON-SWORD-FIRE-Book-ebook/dp/B003YOSEWK
      >

      > What is The Sword of Fire? It is the flaming sword used by the archangel
      > Michael to banish rebellious Lucifer from the heavens. It is the sword
      > used to guard the way back to Eden and the sword given by God down through
      > the centuries to heroes He has chosen to right wrongs and protect the
      > innocent.
      >

      > Prince Daniel of Asulon must find the sword of fire before a great evil
      > claims it and uses the sword to conquer the world.
      >

      > The quest for The Sword of Fire. It began with a prophecy-
      >

      > In fire's ring, where angels sing,
      >

      > In holies' home, sheathed in stone,
      >

      > Where blood was spilt, one for all,
      >

      > To make amends for the Fall.
      >

      > The first of swords awaits the finding,
      >

      > Of one whose oath, blood is binding,
      >

      > Wisdom, strength, honor finding,
      >

      > To whose arm the sword is binding.
      >

      > Before the quest is over, kings shall fall, empires shall rise and one
      > young man shall truly understand what it means to be a warrior.
      >

      > To get your free ebook, go to:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/ASULON-SWORD-FIRE-Book-ebook/dp/B003YOSEWK
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Bill McGrath

    • bernip
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2012
        I also received a copy. My guess is the same as yours, Sarah - I had
        reviewed other books and might be interested in reviewing this.

        With MFA season ongoing, I'm not going to have a chance to look at it in the
        near future.

        Berni

        If you've written a review for Mythlore or Mythprint, it's possible the
        author (who is a member of the Society) sent it to you as a review copy. I
        know she's published other works through Lulu.

        Just my guess.

        Sarah

        > Friends,
        >
        > I have received an item: "Five Points Akropolis."
        >
        > This was delivered to my home address, as Lamantia, Kathleen F.
        >
        > MYTHOPOEIC SOCIETY
        >
        > My home address
        >
        > The enclosed "Shipment Summary" showed 1 copy, no charge, and a
        > notation thanking me for shopping at lulu.com
        >
        > I did not order this, nor have I ever shopped at lulu.com
        >
        > Did all members of our society receive one?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Kathleen F. Lamantia
        >

        > To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
        > From: tuhonbillmcg@...
        > Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:03:17 +0000
        > Subject: [mythsoc] Free high fantasy ebook

        > Hi Folks,
        >

        > My novel Asulon, book one in The Sword of Fire series is part of a
        > kindle promotion offering the ebook free of charge from April 4th
        > though Easter Sunday, April 8th.
        >

        > To get your free ebook, go to:
        >
        > http://www.amazon.com/ASULON-SWORD-FIRE-Book-ebook/dp/B003YOSEWK
        >

        > What is The Sword of Fire? It is the flaming sword used by the
        > archangel Michael to banish rebellious Lucifer from the heavens. It is
        > the sword used to guard the way back to Eden and the sword given by
        > God down through the centuries to heroes He has chosen to right wrongs
        > and protect the innocent.
        >

        > Prince Daniel of Asulon must find the sword of fire before a great
        > evil claims it and uses the sword to conquer the world.
        >

        > The quest for The Sword of Fire. It began with a prophecy-
        >

        > In fire's ring, where angels sing,
        >

        > In holies' home, sheathed in stone,
        >

        > Where blood was spilt, one for all,
        >

        > To make amends for the Fall.
        >

        > The first of swords awaits the finding,
        >

        > Of one whose oath, blood is binding,
        >

        > Wisdom, strength, honor finding,
        >

        > To whose arm the sword is binding.
        >

        > Before the quest is over, kings shall fall, empires shall rise and one
        > young man shall truly understand what it means to be a warrior.
        >

        > To get your free ebook, go to:
        >
        > http://www.amazon.com/ASULON-SWORD-FIRE-Book-ebook/dp/B003YOSEWK
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Bill McGrath

      • drldonovan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15, 2012
          Me, too. I received the same book from Lulu.com with no charge. I may have done one review for Mythprint at some point, but I certainly don't regularly do so. Not sure what's up with this.

          Leslie Donovan