Re: [mythsoc] A Dragon's Visit

  • GH Chinoy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2012
      Hi, Gerry,

      There appears to be a copy of the 1937 text reproduced on David Michael's The Warden's Walk blog with an excerpt from the alternative ending posted on another blog, I Have an Inkling.

      Good luck with your reading and I hope you (or some other lucky attendee) will grace us with a recounting of the events of the Tolkien Conference!

      On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Gerry Blair <gerryblair68@...> wrote:

      Hello All
      I was wondering if any one could tell me where I might find the complete text of Tolkien's Poem The Dragon's visit on line or may have a copy they could send me.I am looking for the revised version in which he spares the life of Miss Biggins. I have The Annotated Hobbit but I was not sure where or how exactly the revised ending was worked into the piece. I would like to read it Friday night April 13th at the Open Mike Fireside Reading at this years Tolkien conference at The University of Vermont.
      Thanks
      Gerry Blair