Hobbit on Antiques Roadshow

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2012
      A friend brought this to my attention today; someone bringing a mint-condition first edition first printing of THE HOBBIT, autographed, with original dust jacket, to an Antiques Roadshow in El Paso back in June. Anybody happen to catch this episode? Here's a link:

      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/201102A52.html

      Nice to see the Professor's work treated with such respect ("you made my day").

      --John R.
    • GH Chinoy

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2012
          On 3/26/2012 11:24 PM, John Rateliff wrote:
          > A friend brought this to my attention today; someone bringing a mint-condition first edition first printing of THE HOBBIT, autographed, with original dust jacket, to an Antiques Roadshow in El Paso back in June. Anybody happen to catch this episode? Here's a link:
          >
          > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/201102A52.html
          >
          > Nice to see the Professor's work treated with such respect ("you made my day").
          >
          > --John R.

          John:

          A first edition, first impression, "Hobbit", in pristine shape; with an
          original first issue dust jacket in very good condition; signed by Tolkien.

          Great flying monkeys of Oz!

          Darrell