Re: [mythsoc] Baynes' Narnia

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 7, 2000
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 09/06/2000 8:08:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > margdean@... writes:
      >
      > > Speaking of the MereLewis list, btw, what's happened to it?

      > Nobody knows what has happened to the listowner. There is a non-moderated
      > e-groups list around, put together by members who dug up a list of names, -
      > not all of them of course, particularly the lurkers. Obviously, mine was
      > one.
      >
      > Go here http://www.egroups.com/group/MereLewis2 for more.

      Thanks, Mary! I went ahead and signed up.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 8, 2000
        All this information is leaving me lost at sea. So far I'm gathering that
        the best purchase in terms of art quality and book quality is the all-in-one
        book? Or is there a boxed set that can really compete? I'd much prefer a
        boxed set.

        This one that Wayne mentioned: The most interesting repackaging is
        the series in seven paperbacks whose covers reproduce Pauline's cover art
        for the old Puffin Books edition, which was never sold in the U.S. -- Does
        that have nice illustrations throughout?

        I still haven't been to the site. Just haven't been online much this week.
        And if there's half the information there that there is here lately, I'll
        just get more confused. LOL. Need to touch them all to see them properly I
        guess.

        Lizzie
      • LSolarion@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 9, 2000
          In a message dated 09/06/2000 4:21:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

          << In 2002, the house will launch an all-new
          series of original stories based on the world of Narnia, for ages four and
          up, at which time the licensing effort will expand into toys, plush, games
          and apparel."

          In India, Hindus have worshipped the cow for centuries.
          In America, we have a sacred cow as well; it's called the Cash Cow. The calf
          is always golden in the land of the free, where the unofficial state religion
          is Mammon-worship. Nothing else is sacred. The only value anything has is its
          money-making potential. Oh say can you see all the i-dol-a-try?

          Sorry...letting my intense disgust run away with me.
        • LSolarion@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 9, 2000
            In a message dated 09/06/2000 6:08:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            margdean@... writes:

            << Speaking of the MereLewis list, btw, what's happened to it?
            There was a brief flurry of activity a few months back (after a
            long hiatus), and then silence again. >>

            It has been resurrected under new ownership; same old wonderful discussion,
            though. You can reach it at:

            MereLewis2-owner@egroups.com

            Steve
          • Wayne G. Hammond
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 9, 2000
              ><< In 2002, the house will launch an all-new
              > series of original stories based on the world of Narnia, for ages four and
              > up, at which time the licensing effort will expand into toys, plush, games
              > and apparel."
              > >>

              >In India, Hindus have worshipped the cow for centuries.
              >In America, we have a sacred cow as well; it's called the Cash Cow. The calf
              >is always golden in the land of the free, where the unofficial state
              religion
              >is Mammon-worship. Nothing else is sacred. The only value anything has is
              its
              >money-making potential. Oh say can you see all the i-dol-a-try?

              In fact, HarperCollins is a multinational corporation with its main offices
              in the U.K., and C.S. Lewis Pte Ltd. is also based outside the U.S.

              Wayne Hammond
            • Stolzi@aol.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 9, 2000
                In a message dated 09/09/2000 1:22:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
                LSolarion@... writes:

                > It has been resurrected under new ownership; same old wonderful discussion,
                > though. You can reach it at:
                >
                > MereLewis2-owner@egroups.com

                MereLewis is back at least for now, non-moderated. The ML2 crowd is trying
                to move the discussion back to the original list. But will probably hold ML2
                in reserve for future problems that may occur.

                Mary S