Re: [mythsoc] Types, Stereotypes and Archetypes.

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 30, 2012
      Thanks! I'm bookmarking it over at Smashwords.

      -Alana

      On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM, James Curcio <jamescurcio@...> wrote:

      Fallen Nation: Party At The World's End http://www.partyattheworldsend.com

      (It's available on Amazon as Kindle or hardcopy, and multiple formats on Smashwords -- all accessable through that site.)

      "Fallen Nation: Party At The World’s End is a mad ride past the event horizon of sanity with a group of young, escaped mental patients that come to realize—or believe—that they are demigods.

      They form Babylon, a band that captures the spirit of the age as sex, drugs, and chaos reign in the final years of the American Empire.

      This is the beginning of a modern mythology that spills off the page: the ticket to the Party At The World's End is inside, if you dare to search for it. It starts right here, but it won't end here--
        Paperback

      "
      "Nothing on the face of this earth—and I do mean nothing—is half so dangerous as a children’s story that happens to be real, and you and I are wandering blindfolded through a myth devised by a maniac."
      — Master Li Kao (T’ang Dynasty)
      Cell: 484-319-7323

      On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Alana Joli Abbott <alanajoli@...> wrote:

      I wrote a novel where some of the characters came to believe that they were the present incarnations of demigods/mythic figures, and the more that archetype took hold of them, the less free will, and the less "dimensionality" they had as individuals. Those personas took over.

      James, that sounds like a fascinating fiction experiment -- which one of your novels is it?

      -Alana

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
      Columnist, "The Town with Five Main Streets" http://branford.patch.com/columns/the-town-with-five-main-streets

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
      Columnist, "The Town with Five Main Streets" http://branford.patch.com/columns/the-town-with-five-main-streets

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 13, 2012
        I just got an email from Kent State Press saying they'd shipped mine!  :)  It's been backordered for ... a while now.

        --Margaret Dean
        On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Doug Kane <dougkane@...> wrote:

        All,

        It has come to my attention that Verlyn Flieger's new book, Green Suns and Faërie: Essays on J.R.R. Tolkien is now available for purchase, both directly from the publisher, Kent State University Press, and from Amazon and other retailers.  This book was originally due to be published last August, but was delayed by the publisher.  It doesn't seem to have been well publicized that the book is now available, so I thought I would spread the word.  I obviously don't need to emphasize how perceptive Verlyn's observations about Tolkien are.  Most of you are well aware of that fact!

        Doug