Re: [mythsoc] Apocalyptic Imaginary: Best of Modern Mythology 2011

  • GH Chinoy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
      Thanks for the heads up on the Kindle borrowing! Doing that right now.

      Cheers,

      On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM, James Curcio <jamescurcio@...> wrote:

      I wanted to share this recent release with the group, as I think some of you may be interested.

      "This book captures and expands upon the unique commentary and analysis that has helped define the Modern Mythology project in 2011. Through the voices of many contributors, we collectively take a hard look at the blurred lines between narrative and truth, philosophy and literature, personal history and cultural memory. All of this is done with an eye towards the imagined apocalypse that is always just around the corner."

      "Nothing on the face of this earth—and I do mean nothing—is half so dangerous as a children’s story that happens to be real, and you and I are wandering blindfolded through a myth devised by a maniac."
      — Master Li Kao (T’ang Dynasty)
      Cell: 484-319-7323