Re: [mythsoc] XKCD Narrative chart of LotR

  • Darrell A. Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
      On 1/4/2012 8:16 AM, davise@... wrote:
      > I thought this was amazing (yes, it's the movie not the book, but the differences for this are fairly small).
      >
      > http://xkcd.com/657/
      >
      > Large, legible version.
      > http://xkcd.com/657/large/
      >
      > -- Ernie

      Ernie:

      The bottom two, "Twelve Angry Men" and "Primer", are a hoot -- each in
      its own way.

      Darrell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        It's part movie in some notable ways, but it leaves some of the movie's changes out, notably the weird detour of J-Aragorn falling off the cliff.

        Not sure what "Primer" is. I'm sure someone will tell me.

      • davise@cs.nyu.edu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2012

          > It's part movie in some notable ways, but it leaves some of the movie's changes out, notably the weird detour of J-Aragorn falling off the cliff.
          >
          > Not sure what "Primer" is. I'm sure someone will tell me.

          Highly convoluted time-travel movie, as the diagram suggests.

          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/