XKCD Narrative chart of LotR

  • davise@cs.nyu.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
      I thought this was amazing (yes, it's the movie not the book, but the differences for this are fairly small).

      http://xkcd.com/657/

      Large, legible version.
      http://xkcd.com/657/large/

      -- Ernie
    • Darrell A. Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        On 1/4/2012 8:16 AM, davise@... wrote:
        > I thought this was amazing (yes, it's the movie not the book, but the differences for this are fairly small).
        >
        > http://xkcd.com/657/
        >
        > Large, legible version.
        > http://xkcd.com/657/large/
        >
        > -- Ernie

        Ernie:

        The bottom two, "Twelve Angry Men" and "Primer", are a hoot -- each in
        its own way.

        Darrell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
          It's part movie in some notable ways, but it leaves some of the movie's changes out, notably the weird detour of J-Aragorn falling off the cliff.

          Not sure what "Primer" is. I'm sure someone will tell me.

        • davise@cs.nyu.edu
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2012

            > It's part movie in some notable ways, but it leaves some of the movie's changes out, notably the weird detour of J-Aragorn falling off the cliff.
            >
            > Not sure what "Primer" is. I'm sure someone will tell me.

            Highly convoluted time-travel movie, as the diagram suggests.

            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/