Re: [mythsoc] New Mythgard Institute Course and Professor

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
      Congratulations, Amy
      --John R.

      On Dec 3, 2011, at 5:50 AM, ahsturgis wrote:
      > I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring 2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry Potter Saga."
      >
      > Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive educational experience possible for students around the world through the latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend, Travis Prinzi.
      >
      > For more information, see www.mythgard.org.
      >
      > Thanks for letting me share this news with you!
      >
      > Amy H. Sturgis
    • Andrew Higgins
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
        Amy

        What exciting news. Congrats  I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

        I have done a short piece on Mythgard Institute on my blog Wotan's Musings today http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

        So see you at our virtual Hogwarts - if we do the sorting hat exercise I hope I get Gryffindor!

        Best Andy

        Sent from the IPAD of Andrew Higgins

        Andrew Higgins Head of Development and Membership
        Glyndebourne (andrew.higgins@...)
        and now a word from our supporters......
        http://glyndebourne.com/supporting-glyndebourne

        asthiggins@...  asthiggins on Facebook/Twitter
        Mobile 07500 827793
        And at his blog Wotan's Musings http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

[...]

      • ahsturgis
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
          Thanks for your kind words, John and Joan!

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:
          > What exciting news. Congrats I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

          Thanks so much, Andy! I hope you do: I'd love to see you there. Thanks so much for spreading the word about the Mythgard Institute in your wonderful blog post.

          All the best,
          Amy
        • dougkane@protectingrights.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011