Re: [mythsoc] New Mythgard Institute Course and Professor

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
      Congratulations, Amy!

      Joan

      --- Original Message ---
      From: "ahsturgis" <ahsturgis@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      CC:
      Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 13:50:10 -0000
      Subject: [mythsoc] New Mythgard Institute Course and Professor

      > I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard
      Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring
      2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and
      M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry
      Potter Saga."

      > Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The
      Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive
      educational experience possible for students around the world through the
      latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative
      institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been
      teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend,
      Travis Prinzi.

      > For more information, see www.mythgard.org.
      >
      > Thanks for letting me share this news with you!
      >
      > Amy H. Sturgis

    • John Rateliff
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
        Congratulations, Amy
        --John R.

        On Dec 3, 2011, at 5:50 AM, ahsturgis wrote:
        > I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring 2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry Potter Saga."
        >
        > Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive educational experience possible for students around the world through the latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend, Travis Prinzi.
        >
        > For more information, see www.mythgard.org.
        >
        > Thanks for letting me share this news with you!
        >
        > Amy H. Sturgis
      • Andrew Higgins
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
          Amy

          What exciting news. Congrats  I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

          I have done a short piece on Mythgard Institute on my blog Wotan's Musings today http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

          So see you at our virtual Hogwarts - if we do the sorting hat exercise I hope I get Gryffindor!

          Best Andy

          Sent from the IPAD of Andrew Higgins

          Andrew Higgins Head of Development and Membership
          Glyndebourne (andrew.higgins@...)
          and now a word from our supporters......
          http://glyndebourne.com/supporting-glyndebourne

          asthiggins@...  asthiggins on Facebook/Twitter
          Mobile 07500 827793
          And at his blog Wotan's Musings http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

[...]

        • ahsturgis
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
            Thanks for your kind words, John and Joan!

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:
            > What exciting news. Congrats I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

            Thanks so much, Andy! I hope you do: I'd love to see you there. Thanks so much for spreading the word about the Mythgard Institute in your wonderful blog post.

            All the best,
            Amy
          • dougkane@protectingrights.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011