New Mythgard Institute Course and Professor

  • ahsturgis
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
      I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring 2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry Potter Saga."

      Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive educational experience possible for students around the world through the latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend, Travis Prinzi.

      For more information, see www.mythgard.org.

      Thanks for letting me share this news with you!

      Amy H. Sturgis
    • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
        Congratulations, Amy!

        Joan

        > I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard
        Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring
        2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and
        M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry
        Potter Saga."

        > Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The
        Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive
        educational experience possible for students around the world through the
        latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative
        institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been
        teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend,
        Travis Prinzi.

        > For more information, see www.mythgard.org.
        >
        > Thanks for letting me share this news with you!
        >
        > Amy H. Sturgis

      • John Rateliff
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
          Congratulations, Amy
          --John R.

          On Dec 3, 2011, at 5:50 AM, ahsturgis wrote:
          > I am pleased to announce that I've joined the faculty of The Mythgard Institute, and I will be serving as lead professor for its fifteen-week Spring 2012 course, which will be offered online internationally for both audit and M.A. credit: "Taking Harry Seriously: The Artistry and Meanings of the Harry Potter Saga."
          >
          > Founded and led by Dr. Corey Olsen, a.k.a. "The Tolkien Professor," The Mythgard Institute is dedicated to making a rigorous, dynamic, and interactive educational experience possible for students around the world through the latest online technology. I'm most excited to be on board with this innovative institute, offering a course that is near and dear to me (and that I've been teaching now for nearly a decade!), and working with my colleague and friend, Travis Prinzi.
          >
          > For more information, see www.mythgard.org.
          >
          > Thanks for letting me share this news with you!
          >
          > Amy H. Sturgis
        • Andrew Higgins
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
            Amy

            What exciting news. Congrats  I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

            I have done a short piece on Mythgard Institute on my blog Wotan's Musings today http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

            So see you at our virtual Hogwarts - if we do the sorting hat exercise I hope I get Gryffindor!

            Best Andy

            Sent from the IPAD of Andrew Higgins

            Andrew Higgins Head of Development and Membership
            Glyndebourne (andrew.higgins@...)
            and now a word from our supporters......
            http://glyndebourne.com/supporting-glyndebourne

            asthiggins@...  asthiggins on Facebook/Twitter
            Mobile 07500 827793
            And at his blog Wotan's Musings http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
              Thanks for your kind words, John and Joan!

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:
              > What exciting news. Congrats I have so enjoyed Professor Olsen's Tolkien and Epic Course this autumn (with guest lecturers from the Tolkien academic pantheon Tom Shippey, Verlyn Flieger and Dr Michael Drout) I am signed up to take The Tolkien and Lewis course but now that you are teaching the Harry Potter one I may have to do a double enrollment (who needs sleep)

              Thanks so much, Andy! I hope you do: I'd love to see you there. Thanks so much for spreading the word about the Mythgard Institute in your wonderful blog post.

              All the best,
              Amy
            • dougkane@protectingrights.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011