Troubled Waters

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2011
      I just finished Mythsoc award nominee "Troubled Waters" by Sharon Shinn. Although it had all the hallmarks of the kind of book I wouldn't like, I found to my surprise that I not only liked it, I loved it.

      So -- has anybody on the list read Shinn's other books? Recommend which I should try next?

      David Emerson

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • mem@rialto.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2011
        My favorites are her Samaria (ANGEL) books - which are really SF in
        fantasy clothing. The most mythopoeic of her books, in my opinion, are
        her YA series (Safe-Keeper, Truth-Teller, Dream-Maker). Her sword and
        sorcery series (The Twelve Houses) is a good read. Her stand alone novels
        are some of her best. Jenna Starborne is an SF retelling of Jane Eyre.
        Wrapt in Crystal is an SF murder mystery. In general (including General
        Winston's Daughter) her books are top notch.
        mem