Schedule for Tolkien scholars interviews

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011
      Nearly everyone in the first group has now returned their answers to me. Assuming nothing untoward happens, I believe this will be the publication schedule.

      * John Rateliff, Friday (October 21)
      * Wayne Hammond & Christina Scull, Friday (October 28)
      * Michael Drout, Friday (November 4)
      * John Garth, Friday (November 11)

      John Garth warned me he was really backed up (in fact, everyone was -- I'm surprised I'm getting these interviews back as quickly as I have) and I am merely assuming he and I will be able to make that November 11 deadline.

      I'll be sending out requests for more interviews around the end of October. I haven't made any selections yet so if anyone who has a book coming out (or who just published a book in the past few months) would like to be included, please feel free to drop me a line.

      The interview with Janet quickly became one of the most popular articles on the site (since mid-July I have published more than 150 articles so hitting the top 10 on the first day was no mean feat). I expect these interviews to maintain a fairly strong amount of interest, especially since this is a relatively new site and is still attracting new visitors each week.

      And please don't be shy about contacting me if you don't have any books coming out this year -- there are plenty of scholars to work with and as I said previously, I think this will be a long-running series. I want to include as many people as I can. It just turned out that John Rateliff and Wayne and Christina have books coming out.

      I'll follow up when John's interview goes live. I changed the Website's time zone after populating the editorial calendar with several weeks' articles and they're not all going live exactly when I expect them to. That should be sorted out in another couple of weeks.

      Also -- the email address I have for Doug Anderson bounced. If someone wouldn't mind letting me know how to contact him offlist, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

      --
      Michael Martinez
      http://www.michael-martinez.com/

      YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
      http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Martinez" <michael.martinez@...> wrote:
        > And please don't be shy about contacting me if you don't have any
        > books coming out this year -- there are plenty of scholars to work
        > with and as I said previously, I think this will be a long-running
        > series. I want to include as many people as I can. It just turned
        > out that John Rateliff and Wayne and Christina have books coming
        > out.

        Doh! I mean, it turns out I happened to randomly ask people who have books coming out for interviews at about the right time. ;)