RE: [mythsoc] Table of Contents, Fall 2011 Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2011

      Janet

      From: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joseph Furolo
      Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:59 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Table of Contents, Fall 2011 Mythlore

      Hi Janet

      I am not sure if I am subscribed to Mythlore - I do get email copies of Mythprint. I am a Mything Person - Do I need to take out a separate subscription for Mythlore?

      THANKS!

      Joseph Furolo

      On 28/09/2011, at 11:39 AM, Croft, Janet B. wrote:

      There's still time to get your subscription or renewal in so you don't miss this issue!

      Mythlore

      Issue 114/115, Volume 30, Number 1/2, Fall/Winter 2011. 192 pages.

      Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics” Seventy-five Years Later

      Michael D.C. Drout

      Thresholds to Middle-earth: Allegories of Reading, Allegories for Knowledge and Transformation

      Andrew Hallam

      The Pearl Maiden’s Psyche: The Middle English Pearl and the Allegorical-Visionary Impulse in Till We Have Faces

      T.S. Miller

      Is a “Christian” Mystery Story Possible? Charles Williams’s War in Heaven as a Generic Case Study

      Sørina Higgins

      Into the Lion’s Den: Joy Davidman and Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer

      Don W. King

      Christian, Norse, and Celtic: Metaphysical Belief Structures in Nancy Farmer’s The Saxon Saga

      Marek Oziewicz

      The Great War and Narnia: C.S. Lewis as Soldier and Creator

      Brian Melton

      The Lord of the Rings’  Interlace: The Adaptation to Film

      Emily Auger

      Reviews:

      The Making of a Mystic: New and Selected Letters of Evelyn Underhill. Ed. Carol Poston. Reviewed by Joe R. Christopher.

      From Girl to Goddess: The Heroine’s Journey Through Myth and Legend. By Valerie Estelle Frankel. Reviewed by Janet Brennan Croft.

      The Wizard of Oz and Philosophy: Wicked Wisdom of the West. Ed. Randall E. Auxier and Phillip S. Seng. Reviewed by Ruth Berman.

      C.S. Lewis’s Lost Aeneid: Arms and the Exile. Edited with an Introduction by A.T. Reyes. Reviewed by Richard C. West.

      The Ring and the Cross: Christianity and The Lord of the Rings. Edited by Paul E. Kerry. Reviewed by Harley J. Sims.

      Fastitocalon: Studies in Fantasticism Ancient to Modern 1.2 (2010); Journal of Inklings Studies 1.1 (March 2011); VII: An Anglo-American Literary Review 27 (2010); and Tolkien Studies: An Annual Scholarly Review 7 (2010). Reviewed by Janet Brennan Croft.

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
      http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
      "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the rising ape
      meets the falling angel." -Terry Pratchett