Re: [mythsoc] Looking for Tolkien scholarly blogs

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 24, 2011
      Although it's recently wrapped up, I'd include Kristin Thompson's The Frodo Franchise website as well for the archives.
      --John R.

      On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:31 AM, Michael Martinez wrote:
      > I've been meaning to compile a list of active Websites (or publicly usable archives) published by or about Tolkien scholars for a long time. I'm not just talking about English/Literature/History professors but generally anyone acknowledged as a scholar by the rest of the community.
      >
      > Last night I took a first shot with an article titled "The Much Bemusing Bloggery of Tolkien Scholarli" (http://blog.tolkien-studies.com/2011/09/21/the-much-bemusing-bloggery-of-online-tolkien-scholarli/) but I am sure the list is incomplete.
      >
      > If anyone knows of a well-respected researcher who has been published or acknowledged in publication who BLOGS or at least maintains an online archive of essays or research (I'm even interested in bibliographies that provide a unique point of view if they are well done), please let me know. I intend to expand the Webliography page for Tolkien Studies on the Web when I feel confident I have a full list.
      >
      > I do still check this list occasionally so I'll any replies made here, or people are welcome to comment on the blog, or email me, or contact me through Twitter (@xenite_org), etc.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > --
      > Michael Martinez
      > http://www.michael-martinez.com/
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 25, 2011

        > Although it's recently wrapped up, I'd include Kristin Thompson's The Frodo Franchise website as well for the archives.
        > --John R.

        Will do.

        Thanks.

        --
        Michael Martinez
        http://www.michael-martinez.com/

        YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
        http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
      • Michael Martinez
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 14 5:19 PM
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:

          > Also,
          >
          > http://www.dianaglyer.com/blog/
          >
          > Jeremy

          Thanks. I think I'll be able to work on the site a little this weekend. I'll make sure I add it to the Webliography then.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 14 5:20 PM
            Sorry. I changed email settings and Yahoo! Groups reversed the polarity on me.

            Still -- the Webliography is looking sparse and needs descriptions anyway.