Re: Looking for Tolkien scholarly blogs

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2011
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ferretolk" <ferretolk@...> wrote:
      > Dear Michal Martinez,
      >
      > As far as French is concerned, I run www.pourtolkien.fr (with a database of PhDs & MAs, articles, etc.). But do not forget the Deutsche Tolkien Gesellschaft, the Società Tolkieniana Italiana, etc.
      > best wishes,
      > Dr. Vincent Ferré
      >
      > Université Paris XIII
      > Département Littérature
      > http://www.univ-paris13.fr/cenel/fiches/VincentFerre.htm

      Noted. Thank you very much.

      I'll gladly accept suggestions in any language, of course. I know there was once a very active Tolkien community in Europe. I'm already linking to the Forodrim site on the Webliography page but any blogs or article archives that have appeared over the last 4-5 years would be good to mention.

      --
      Michael Martinez
      http://www.michael-martinez.com/

      YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
      http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    • Paola Castagno
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 22, 2011
        Hello Michael,

        Do not forget us too (again): Elfenomeno.com, spanish website devoted to Tolkien since 1999 (FAQs, online encyclopedia, articles, etc..)

        We have published a book on FAQs about Tolkien and his work :

        and a guide for students on The Hobbit:

        Paola Castagno

        On 22 September 2011 09:05, Michael Martinez <michael_martinez2@...> wrote:

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ferretolk" <ferretolk@...> wrote:
        > Dear Michal Martinez,
        >
        > As far as French is concerned, I run www.pourtolkien.fr (with a database of PhDs & MAs, articles, etc.). But do not forget the Deutsche Tolkien Gesellschaft, the Società Tolkieniana Italiana, etc.
        > best wishes,
        > Dr. Vincent Ferré
        >
        > Université Paris XIII
        > Département Littérature
        > http://www.univ-paris13.fr/cenel/fiches/VincentFerre.htm

        Noted. Thank you very much.

        I'll gladly accept suggestions in any language, of course. I know there was once a very active Tolkien community in Europe. I'm already linking to the Forodrim site on the Webliography page but any blogs or article archives that have appeared over the last 4-5 years would be good to mention.

        --
        Michael Martinez
        http://www.michael-martinez.com/

        YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
        http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 23, 2011

          I post most of my papers at Academia.edu, at the link below, and list upcoming public talks.

          Janet Brennan Croft

          Associate Professor
          Head of Access Services
          University of Oklahoma Libraries
          Bizzell 104NW
          Norman OK 73019
          405-325-1918
          Fax 405-325-7618
          jbcroft@...
          http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft/CurriculumVitae
          http://libraries.ou.edu/
          Editor of Mythlore
          http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2011
            Also,

            Jeremy

            On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Michael Martinez <michael_martinez2@...> wrote:

            I've been meaning to compile a list of active Websites (or publicly usable archives) published by or about Tolkien scholars for a long time. I'm not just talking about English/Literature/History professors but generally anyone acknowledged as a scholar by the rest of the community.

            Last night I took a first shot with an article titled "The Much Bemusing Bloggery of Tolkien Scholarli" (http://blog.tolkien-studies.com/2011/09/21/the-much-bemusing-bloggery-of-online-tolkien-scholarli/) but I am sure the list is incomplete.

            If anyone knows of a well-respected researcher who has been published or acknowledged in publication who BLOGS or at least maintains an online archive of essays or research (I'm even interested in bibliographies that provide a unique point of view if they are well done), please let me know. I intend to expand the Webliography page for Tolkien Studies on the Web when I feel confident I have a full list.

            I do still check this list occasionally so I'll any replies made here, or people are welcome to comment on the blog, or email me, or contact me through Twitter (@xenite_org), etc.

            Thanks in advance.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 24, 2011
              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:

              > Also,
              >
              > http://www.dianaglyer.com/blog/
              >
              > Jeremy

              Thanks.

              Janet, saw your message too, thank you.

              --
              Michael Martinez
              http://www.michael-martinez.com/

              YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
              http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
            • John Rateliff
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 24, 2011
                Although it's recently wrapped up, I'd include Kristin Thompson's The Frodo Franchise website as well for the archives.
                --John R.

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2011

                  > Although it's recently wrapped up, I'd include Kristin Thompson's The Frodo Franchise website as well for the archives.
                  > --John R.

                  Will do.

                  Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 14, 2011
                    --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:

                    > Also,
                    >
                    > http://www.dianaglyer.com/blog/
                    >
                    > Jeremy

                    Thanks. I think I'll be able to work on the site a little this weekend. I'll make sure I add it to the Webliography then.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 14, 2011
                      Sorry. I changed email settings and Yahoo! Groups reversed the polarity on me.

                      Still -- the Webliography is looking sparse and needs descriptions anyway.