Re: [mythsoc] Oh dear... Hillard's Mirkwood.... Movie?

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 15, 2011
      Of course, Tolkien abandoned his plans to be a codebreaker and instead became a master spy, working directly for Rear Admiral John Henry Godfrey, the Director of Naval Intelligence for the British in World War II.  Godfrey took the knowledge of Tolkien's work for him to the grave.  His personal assistant, Ian Fleming, decided that he couldn't reveal the story of what Tolkien did in a direct way, so he transformed him into the character of James Bond in fiction.  It should have been obvious from the name itself.  He took Tolkien's name, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, and dropped the first two names.  As is well known, "Reuel" means "James" in Etruscan and "Tolkien" means "Bond" in Sumerian.  Furthermore, "007" is a reference to the seven rings given to the dwarfs, the seven stars, and the seven stones.  The resemblances between the exploits of James Bond and those of various characters in The Lord of the Rings (which Tolkien used to fictionalize his adventures in World War II) should be clear.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 8/15/2011 1:16:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dougkane@... writes:
      “The adaptation of Mirkwood will follow
      the template of the novel,” said Hillard, “but will delve considerably
      deeper into Tolkien’s little-known back story, such as his original
      plans to become a codebreaker in World War II up through the writing
      of his enduring works.”
    • Darrell A. Martin
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
        On 8/16/2011 1:09 AM, WendellWag@... wrote:

        > Of course, Tolkien abandoned his plans to be a codebreaker and instead
        > became a master spy, working directly for Rear Admiral John Henry
        > Godfrey, the Director of Naval Intelligence for the British in World War
        > II. Godfrey took the knowledge of Tolkien's work for him to the grave.
        > His personal assistant, Ian Fleming, decided that he couldn't reveal the
        > story of what Tolkien did in a direct way, so he transformed him into
        > the character of James Bond in fiction. It should have been obvious from
        > the name itself. He took Tolkien's name, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, and
        > dropped the first two names. As is well known, "Reuel" means "James" in
        > Etruscan and "Tolkien" means "Bond" in Sumerian. Furthermore, "007" is a
        > reference to the seven rings given to the dwarfs, the seven stars, and
        > the seven stones. The resemblances between the exploits of James Bond
        > and those of various characters in /The Lord of the Rings/ (which
        > Tolkien used to fictionalize his adventures in World War II) should be
        > clear.
        > Wendell Wagner

        Wendell:

        It became blindingly obvious, once you explained it. Thank you.

        Darrell
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
          Thank you, Wendell, but now you have put yourself in grave danger.  If someone knocks at the door claiming to be Lynn Maudlin, do not answer it.

          Mike

          Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:58 AM
          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Oh dear... Hillard's Mirkwood.... Movie?

          On 8/16/2011 1:09 AM, mailto:WendellWag%40aol.com wrote:

          > Of course, Tolkien abandoned his plans to be a
          codebreaker and instead
          > became a master spy, working directly for Rear
          Admiral John Henry
          > Godfrey, the Director of Naval Intelligence for the
          British in World War
          > II. Godfrey took the knowledge of Tolkien's work
          for him to the grave.
          > His personal assistant, Ian Fleming, decided that
          he couldn't reveal the
          > story of what Tolkien did in a direct way, so he
          transformed him into
          > the character of James Bond in fiction. It should
          have been obvious from
          > the name itself. He took Tolkien's name, John
          Ronald Reuel Tolkien, and
          > dropped the first two names. As is well known,
          "Reuel" means "James" in
          > Etruscan and "Tolkien" means "Bond" in
          Sumerian. Furthermore, "007" is a
          > reference to the seven rings given to
          the dwarfs, the seven stars, and
          > the seven stones. The resemblances
          between the exploits of James Bond
          > and those of various characters in
          /The Lord of the Rings/ (which
          > Tolkien used to fictionalize his
          adventures in World War II) should be
          > clear.
          > Wendell
          Wagner

          Wendell:

          It became blindingly obvious, once you explained it. Thank you.

          Darrell

        • John Rateliff