NPR 100 Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Poll results

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
        And, somewhat surprisingly (to me at least), The Silmarillion at 46.

        Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:45 PM
        Subject: [mythsoc] NPR 100 Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Poll results

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
          And they get the name of Lewis's protagonist wrong. Good going.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
            I did note that Neil Gaiman got #10 - American Gods, #29 - Sandman, #48 - Neverwhere and #52 - Stardust.  Congrats are needed!

            Jeremy

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
              This is weird. Some of the books I voted on among the 100 finalists aren't in today's 100 winners, and books that weren't on the 100 nominee list (which has now been taken down) now appear among the winners. Any idea what's going on with that?
              --JDR

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2011
                There were a couple of hundred books on the list of nominees.

                Wendell Wagner

                In a message dated 8/11/2011 11:07:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sacnoth@... writes:

                This is weird. Some of the books I voted on among the 100 finalists aren't in today's 100 winners, and books that weren't on the 100 nominee list (which has now been taken down) now appear among the winners. Any idea what's going on with that?
                --JDR

                On Aug 11, 2011, at 3:45 PM, ftl_publications wrote:
                > Lord of the Rings is 1st, C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy is 100th:
                >
                > http://www.npr.org/2011/08/11/139085843/your-picks-top-100-science-fiction-fantasy-books?ft=1&f=1008

              • John Rateliff
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 12, 2011

                  On Aug 11, 2011, at 8:10 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:
                  There were a couple of hundred books on the list of nominees.

                  Ah. That clears that up. Thanks Wendell.
                     Hooray for LotR coming in first place. Not that I'm surprised, but it's still nice to have it confirmed once again (and by such a huge margin, too)
                     --JDR