Re: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Fantasy Explosion

  • Sophie Masson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Jane, i think you're quite right. It is in the twilight that newways of
      being are made: and I think that in some ways we got rid of a lot of 'dead
      wood' in the rather destructive 60's and 70's and so on--we are much more
      conscious now of things such as women's rights, racism, etc, but also moving
      out of the all-destruction-is-good phase, and we are wanting the old along
      with the new. My feeling, as a 41 year old optimist who like Lizzie went
      through the wasteland of my thirties and come out feeling refreshed, ready
      for anything, and full of hope, is that we all have a part to play in this
      new way of seeing--a new way of seeing which is also very old, built on old
      things, the beauty of old stories but with our own perspective on it.
      Sophie
      Author site:
      http://members.xoom.com/sophiecastel/default.htm