Re: [mythsoc] NPR top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy titles poll

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 4 8:45 AM
      FWIW, I usually consider Harrison either paranormal romance or urban fantasy that borders on romance country. And I read a lot of books in that terrain. Haven't picked up Harrison herself, so this is just based on reviews/what I've heard/how it's marketed.

      -Alana

      On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM, <scribbler@...> wrote:

      Well, I hadn't heard of Kim Harrison before now, but I just read the
      latest volume in the Hollows Series to review for Mythprint. Alternate
      history contemporary urban fantasy. And apparently popular - though I
      think for the market that reads the Twilight Saga type "fantasy".

      And yes, I feel snobbish about it. "THIS is fantasy these days?" *sigh*

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure, available at http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks

    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 4 7:12 PM
        On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Lisa Harrigan <auntie_m_groups@...> wrote:
        Most of these should not be on a Best of All Time list, because they are
        Brand New, some trilogies have not even had book 3 printed yet, Series.
        How do they get on a Best of All Times List?

        This is a fair point. I do think it's valid to want to include things that are new, so you get the full range of classic to contemporary. But series that aren't completed yet really shouldn't qualify.

        -Alana

        Author of Into the Reach and Departure, available at http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks