Re: [mythsoc] NPR top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy titles poll

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 4, 2011
      I see no reason to think that the books I listed were particularly liberal or particularly conservative or particularly anything else.  Have you read them and know them to be particularly biased to any single political viewpoint?  If not, I don't think you have any basis for saying this.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 8/4/2011 8:04:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, darrellm@... writes:

      The suspicious part of me wonders about the world views of these titles
      in terms of the admittedly simplistic "liberal-conservative" spectrum. I
      love a lot of what NPR does and I hope they keep getting the funding
      they need. Still, I wouldn't trust their objectivity on sociopolitical
      issues if they told me a representative form of government has worked
      well for the USA so far.

      This suggests a skewed participant demographic, rather than some
      underhanded plot, to me.

      Darrell

    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 4, 2011
        On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Lisa Harrigan <auntie_m_groups@...> wrote:
        Most of these should not be on a Best of All Time list, because they are
        Brand New, some trilogies have not even had book 3 printed yet, Series.
        How do they get on a Best of All Times List?

        This is a fair point. I do think it's valid to want to include things that are new, so you get the full range of classic to contemporary. But series that aren't completed yet really shouldn't qualify.

        -Alana

        Author of Into the Reach and Departure, available at http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks