Re: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Fantasy Explosion

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      In a message dated 09/01/2000 12:18:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jharrison3@... writes:

      << For Lizzie: Have you ever read The Darkangel Trilogy by Meredith Anne
      Pierce? >>
      Yes I think so, but only once and not recently. There are some interesting
      themes there, worth revisiting. And Greene I will pass on for now, I have
      had friends recommend him before, but somehow I am not drawn to him. I do
      intend to return to Kazantzakis however. He's a big fave of mine. There are
      some interesting treatments of love and the hereafter and suchlike in
      MacAvoy's Damiano trilogy as well.

      Lizzie
    • Sophie Masson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
        Jane, i think you're quite right. It is in the twilight that newways of
        being are made: and I think that in some ways we got rid of a lot of 'dead
        wood' in the rather destructive 60's and 70's and so on--we are much more
        conscious now of things such as women's rights, racism, etc, but also moving
        out of the all-destruction-is-good phase, and we are wanting the old along
        with the new. My feeling, as a 41 year old optimist who like Lizzie went
        through the wasteland of my thirties and come out feeling refreshed, ready
        for anything, and full of hope, is that we all have a part to play in this
        new way of seeing--a new way of seeing which is also very old, built on old
        things, the beauty of old stories but with our own perspective on it.
        Sophie
        Author site:
        http://members.xoom.com/sophiecastel/default.htm