RE: [mythsoc] Republican hobbits and trolls

  • Paula Bergstrom
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
      Yes, very strange. Did you see Comment/Reply #7? It's a hoot. Here's the beginning:

      "I guess someone has to do it...

      John Boehnerdill's Song
      Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
      Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
      John Boehn, jolly John, John Boehnerdillo!
      Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! My darling!
      Light goes the weather-wind and the feathered starling.
      Down along the Hill, shining in the sunlight,
      Knocking on their office doors in the midday light,
      Old John Boehnerdil watered-bill a' bringing
      Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him pleading?
      Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! and merry-o,
      Blackberry, Blackberry, merry yellow berry-o!
      Poor old McCain-man, you tuck your roots away!
      John's in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.
      John's going Senate-way watered-bill a' bringing.
      Hey! come derry dol! Can you hear me singing?"

      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      From: sacnoth@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:42:32 -0700
      Subject: [mythsoc] Republican hobbits and trolls

      Anyone else seen this? Three Republican politicians insulting each other over which Tolkien characters the other most resembles. Weird.
      Here's the link:

      http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/60151.html

      --John R.
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2011

        If you go to Stephen Colbert’s website on Comedy Central, you’ll see his response.  He has many nifty toys…

        Janet Brennan Croft