Re: [mythsoc] Republican hobbits and trolls

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
      “I’d rather be a hobbit than a troll,” sung to the melody of Simon & Garfunkel’s “El Condor Pasa,” 1970.

      Weird, indeed.  Thanks (I think), John.

      Mike

      Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:42 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Republican hobbits and trolls

      Anyone else seen this? Three Republican politicians insulting each other over which Tolkien characters the other most resembles. Weird.
      Here's the link:

      http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/60151.html

      --John R.

    • Paula Bergstrom
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
        Yes, very strange. Did you see Comment/Reply #7? It's a hoot. Here's the beginning:

        "I guess someone has to do it...

        John Boehnerdill's Song
        Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
        Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
        John Boehn, jolly John, John Boehnerdillo!
        Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! My darling!
        Light goes the weather-wind and the feathered starling.
        Down along the Hill, shining in the sunlight,
        Knocking on their office doors in the midday light,
        Old John Boehnerdil watered-bill a' bringing
        Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him pleading?
        Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! and merry-o,
        Blackberry, Blackberry, merry yellow berry-o!
        Poor old McCain-man, you tuck your roots away!
        John's in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.
        John's going Senate-way watered-bill a' bringing.
        Hey! come derry dol! Can you hear me singing?"

        To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2011

          If you go to Stephen Colbert’s website on Comedy Central, you’ll see his response.  He has many nifty toys…

          Janet Brennan Croft