Republican hobbits and trolls

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
      Anyone else seen this? Three Republican politicians insulting each other over which Tolkien characters the other most resembles. Weird.
      Here's the link:

      http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/60151.html

      --John R.
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
        “I’d rather be a hobbit than a troll,” sung to the melody of Simon & Garfunkel’s “El Condor Pasa,” 1970.

        Weird, indeed.  Thanks (I think), John.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
          Yes, very strange. Did you see Comment/Reply #7? It's a hoot. Here's the beginning:

          "I guess someone has to do it...

          John Boehnerdill's Song
          Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
          Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
          John Boehn, jolly John, John Boehnerdillo!
          Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! My darling!
          Light goes the weather-wind and the feathered starling.
          Down along the Hill, shining in the sunlight,
          Knocking on their office doors in the midday light,
          Old John Boehnerdil watered-bill a' bringing
          Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him pleading?
          Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! and merry-o,
          Blackberry, Blackberry, merry yellow berry-o!
          Poor old McCain-man, you tuck your roots away!
          John's in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.
          John's going Senate-way watered-bill a' bringing.
          Hey! come derry dol! Can you hear me singing?"

          To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2011

            If you go to Stephen Colbert’s website on Comedy Central, you’ll see his response.  He has many nifty toys…

            Janet Brennan Croft