RE: [mythsoc] Books available for review in Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 13, 2011

      I already have reviewers for all of them, but if you are interested in reviewing for Mythlore in the future, that would be great! What are your particular areas? Reviews generally need to be in by the end of February or August.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft/CurriculumVitae
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      Editor of Mythlore
      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012

        http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/books/ has been updated.

        Janet Brennan Croft

        “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

      • Janet B. Croft
        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2016
          If you are interested in reviewing one of these titles, contact me at mythlore@...:

          Bell, Christopher E., ed. Wizards Vs. Muggles: Essays on Identity and the Harry Potter Universe. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2016. Print.
          Glyer, Diana Pavlac Owen James A., and illustrator. Bandersnatch : C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings. Kent, Ohio: Black Squirrel Books, Kent State University Press, 2016. Print.
          Kort, Wesley A. Reading C.S. Lewis: A Commentary. Oxford, 2016. Print.
          McDaniel, Kathryn N. , and Travis Prinzi, eds. Harry Potter for Nerds Ii : Essays for Fans, Academics, and Lit Geeks . Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Unlocking Press, 2015. Print.
          Owen, James A., illus. Inklings Coloring Book. [Place of publication not identified]: Kent State Univ Press, 2016. Print.
          Oziewicz, Marek. Justice in Young Adult Speculative Fiction : A Cognitive Reading. Children's Literature and Culture. New York: London, 2015. Print.
          Parsons, Deke. J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard and the Birth of Modern Fantasy. Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
          Risden, Edward L. Tolkien's Intellectual Landscape. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
          Spencer, Richard A. Harry Potter and the Classical World : Greek and Roman Allusions in J.K. Rowling's Modern Epic. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
          Umland, Rebecca A. Outlaw Heroes as Liminal Figures of Film and Television. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2016. Print.
          Williamson, Jamie. The Evolution of Modern Fantasy : From Antiquarianism to the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series. First edition. ed. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. Print.
          Yuasa, Kyoko. C.S. Lewis and Christian Postmodernism: Word, Image, and Beyond. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016. Print.

          Janet Brennan Croft
          Head of Access and Delivery Services
          Rutgers University Libraries
          Alexander Library 109
          169 College Ave
          New Brunswick, NJ 08901
          janet.b.croft@...
          848-932-6077
          https://rci-rutgers.academia.edu/JanetCroft
          Editor of Mythlore, A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/
          Download the Mythlore Index Plus http://www.mythsoc.org/press/mythlore-index-plus-electronic/
        • Alana Joli Abbott
          Message 4 of 10 , May 12, 2016
            I would *love* the coloring book if it's available. I do adult coloring book as a meditative thing, so it would be fun to review an Inklings-centric one!

            -Alana

            On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

            Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
            Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
            Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
          • Travis Buchanan
            Message 5 of 10 , May 12, 2016
              I'd be interested in Yuasa and/or Kort.
              On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM Alana Joli Abbott alanajoli@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

            • Troels Forchhammer
              Message 6 of 10 , May 13, 2016
                Hi,

                If possible (I see it is print, and I know it might be costly to send it to Denmark), I'd like to review the Risden book.

                Kindly,
                Troels

                On 13 May 2016 at 00:30, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

                ------------------------------------