Books available for review in Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 12, 2011

      These books are available for review – and if you are attending Mythcon I can give it to you there!

      Cast, P.C., ed. Nyx in the House of Night: Mythology, Folklore, and Religion in the P.C. and Kristin Cast Vampyre Series. SmartPop, 2011.

      Manlove, Colin. The Order of Harry Potter: Literary Skill in the Hogwarts Epic. Winged Lion, 2010.

      Reno, Frank D. Arthurian Figures of History and Legend: A Biographical Dictionary. McFarland, 2011.

      Knight, Gareth. The Magical World of the Inklings. 2nd ed. Skylight, 2010. (1st ed. was 1990)

      Janet

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft/CurriculumVitae
      http://libraries.ou.edu/

    • Lisa Padol
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 12, 2011
        Tempting, but I won't be at Mythcon this year. How fast a turnaround do you need?

        -Lisa
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 13, 2011

          I already have reviewers for all of them, but if you are interested in reviewing for Mythlore in the future, that would be great! What are your particular areas? Reviews generally need to be in by the end of February or August.

          Janet Brennan Croft

          Associate Professor
          Head of Access Services
          University of Oklahoma Libraries
          Bizzell 104NW
          Norman OK 73019
          405-325-1918
          Fax 405-325-7618
          jbcroft@...
          http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft/CurriculumVitae
          http://libraries.ou.edu/
          Editor of Mythlore
          http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012

            http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/books/ has been updated.

            Janet Brennan Croft

            “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

          • Janet B. Croft
            Message 5 of 10 , May 12, 2016
              If you are interested in reviewing one of these titles, contact me at mythlore@...:

              Bell, Christopher E., ed. Wizards Vs. Muggles: Essays on Identity and the Harry Potter Universe. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2016. Print.
              Glyer, Diana Pavlac Owen James A., and illustrator. Bandersnatch : C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings. Kent, Ohio: Black Squirrel Books, Kent State University Press, 2016. Print.
              Kort, Wesley A. Reading C.S. Lewis: A Commentary. Oxford, 2016. Print.
              McDaniel, Kathryn N. , and Travis Prinzi, eds. Harry Potter for Nerds Ii : Essays for Fans, Academics, and Lit Geeks . Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Unlocking Press, 2015. Print.
              Owen, James A., illus. Inklings Coloring Book. [Place of publication not identified]: Kent State Univ Press, 2016. Print.
              Oziewicz, Marek. Justice in Young Adult Speculative Fiction : A Cognitive Reading. Children's Literature and Culture. New York: London, 2015. Print.
              Parsons, Deke. J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard and the Birth of Modern Fantasy. Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
              Risden, Edward L. Tolkien's Intellectual Landscape. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
              Spencer, Richard A. Harry Potter and the Classical World : Greek and Roman Allusions in J.K. Rowling's Modern Epic. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
              Umland, Rebecca A. Outlaw Heroes as Liminal Figures of Film and Television. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2016. Print.
              Williamson, Jamie. The Evolution of Modern Fantasy : From Antiquarianism to the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series. First edition. ed. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. Print.
              Yuasa, Kyoko. C.S. Lewis and Christian Postmodernism: Word, Image, and Beyond. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016. Print.

              Janet Brennan Croft
              Head of Access and Delivery Services
              Rutgers University Libraries
              Alexander Library 109
              169 College Ave
              New Brunswick, NJ 08901
              janet.b.croft@...
              848-932-6077
              https://rci-rutgers.academia.edu/JanetCroft
              Editor of Mythlore, A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/
              Download the Mythlore Index Plus http://www.mythsoc.org/press/mythlore-index-plus-electronic/
            • Alana Joli Abbott
              Message 6 of 10 , May 12, 2016
                I would *love* the coloring book if it's available. I do adult coloring book as a meditative thing, so it would be fun to review an Inklings-centric one!

                -Alana

                On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
              • Travis Buchanan
                Message 7 of 10 , May 12, 2016
                  I'd be interested in Yuasa and/or Kort.
                  On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM Alana Joli Abbott alanajoli@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                • Troels Forchhammer
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 13, 2016
                    Hi,

                    If possible (I see it is print, and I know it might be costly to send it to Denmark), I'd like to review the Risden book.

                    Kindly,
                    Troels

                    On 13 May 2016 at 00:30, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

                    ------------------------------------