Authors at Mythcon

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2011
      By my accounting, this is the list of authors at Mythcon.  I'm counting anyone who has published something in a book or magazine relevant to the interests of the Mythopoeic Society.  I am not including anyone whose only such publication was in a Society periodical (since that would mean listing most of the people at Mythcon).  This is for the convenience of me or anyone else planning to bring books to be autographed.  Are there any changes that you know of?:

      Catherynne Valente
      Michael Drout
      Daniel Abraham
      Verlyn Flieger
      Doug Kane
      David Bratman
      Joe Christopher
      Marek Oziewicz
      Ty Franck (James Corey)
      Melinda Snodgrass
      Jane Lindskold
      Leslie Stratyner
      Ian Tregillis
      Robert E. Vardeman
      Carrie Vaughn
      Janet Croft
      Donald Williams
      Don King
      Susan Palwick
      Arden Smith
      Jason Fisher
      Christopher Gilson
      Merlin DeTardo
      Leslie Donovan
      Mike Foster
      David Oberhelman
      Melody Green

      Wendell Wagner
    • drldonovan
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2011
        Wendell--

        Thanks for posting this list. I had that on my To-Do list in the next few days. So, I appreciate you crossing off for me one of way too many things on my list!

        I have only a few to remove from your list, who will be unable to attend this year for last minute, but very understandable reasons. So, unfortunately, the following people will not be attending Mythcon this year:
        Jason Fisher
        Merlin DeTardo
        Mike Foster

        People on this list may also wish to add the following New Mexico artist presenters to the list, as most of these (all, maybe?) have published works:
        Jeff Benham
        Aaron Campbell
        Shawn Darling
        Andy Kuhn
        Shirl Sazynsk

        Looking forward to seeing many of you soon at Mythcon! A preview of Mythcon with a brief schedule will be on the MythSoc website soon!

        Leslie Donovan

        > By my accounting, this is the list of authors at Mythcon. I'm counting
        > anyone who has published something in a book or magazine relevant to the
        > interests of the Mythopoeic Society. I am not including anyone whose only such
        > publication was in a Society periodical (since that would mean listing
        > most of the people at Mythcon). This is for the convenience of me or anyone
        > else planning to bring books to be autographed. Are there any changes that
        > you know of?:
        >
        > Catherynne Valente
        > Michael Drout
        > Daniel Abraham
        > Verlyn Flieger
        > Doug Kane
        > David Bratman
        > Joe Christopher
        > Marek Oziewicz
        > Ty Franck (James Corey)
        > Melinda Snodgrass
        > Jane Lindskold
        > Leslie Stratyner
        > Ian Tregillis
        > Robert E. Vardeman
        > Carrie Vaughn
        > Janet Croft
        > Donald Williams
        > Don King
        > Susan Palwick
        > Arden Smith
        >
        > Jason Fisher
        > Christopher Gilson
        > Merlin DeTardo
        >
        > Leslie Donovan
        > Mike Foster
        > David Oberhelman
        > Melody Green
        >

        > Wendell Wagner

      • Doug Kane
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 3, 2011
          I'll have some copies of the new paperback of Arda Reconstructed to sign, if anyone is interested.

          Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:59 AM
          Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Authors at Mythcon

          Wendell--

          Thanks for posting this list. I had that on my To-Do list in the next few days. So, I appreciate you crossing off for me one of way too many things on my list!

          I have only a few to remove from your list, who will be unable to attend this year for last minute, but very understandable reasons. So, unfortunately, the following people will not be attending Mythcon this year:
          Jason Fisher
          Merlin DeTardo
          Mike Foster

          People on this list may also wish to add the following New Mexico artist presenters to the list, as most of these (all, maybe?) have published works:
          Jeff Benham
          Aaron Campbell
          Shawn Darling
          Andy Kuhn
          Shirl Sazynsk

          Looking forward to seeing many of you soon at Mythcon! A preview of Mythcon with a brief schedule will be on the MythSoc website soon!

          Leslie Donovan

          > By my accounting, this is the list of
          authors at Mythcon. I'm counting
          > anyone who has published something in
          a book or magazine relevant to the
          > interests of the Mythopoeic Society.
          I am not including anyone whose only such
          > publication was in a Society
          periodical (since that would mean listing
          > most of the people at
          Mythcon). This is for the convenience of me or anyone
          > else planning to
          bring books to be autographed. Are there any changes that
          > you know
          of?:

          > Catherynne Valente
          > Michael Drout
          > Daniel
          Abraham
          > Verlyn Flieger
          > Doug Kane
          > David Bratman

          Joe Christopher
          > Marek Oziewicz
          > Ty Franck (James Corey)

          Melinda Snodgrass
          > Jane Lindskold
          > Leslie Stratyner
          > Ian
          Tregillis
          > Robert E. Vardeman
          > Carrie Vaughn
          > Janet
          Croft
          > Donald Williams
          > Don King
          > Susan Palwick

          Arden Smith

          > Jason Fisher
          > Christopher Gilson

          Merlin DeTardo

          > Leslie Donovan
          > Mike Foster
          > David
          Oberhelman
          > Melody Green
          >

          > Wendell
          Wagner

          No virus found in this message.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
            The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the Society's journals.  This is to give me and anyone else who might be interested information about what books or magazines to bring along for autographing.  I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because, although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just because you wrote it.  I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because the list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such articles.  By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings.  I got these names by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this year's Mythcon.  If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to this mailing list.

            Wendell Wagner

            *****************************************************************************************************************************

            G. Ronald Murphy
            Malinda Lo
            Sherwood Smith
            Janet Croft
            Richard Lupoff
            Diane Paxson
            Susan Palwick
            Donald Williams
            Leslie Donovan
            David Bratman
            Joe Christopher
            Jason Fisher
            Christopher Gilson
            Carl Hostetter
            Arden Smith
          • James Curcio
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012

              Http://iom.weaponized.net would fall under that list but I don't think I'll be making any physical conferences this summer, i'm holed up working on 2 books & a graphic novel, blah blah.

              Best to all

            • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
                My name may not be on the "Attending" list yet, but I will be there. So
                I'd qualify, between THE SCRIBBLER'S GUIDE TO THE LAND OF MYTH , and
                "Robin Hood and Green Arrow: Outlaw Bowmen in the Modern Urban Landscape",
                (presented at the 1st International Conference of Robin Hood Studies;
                Rochester, New York; October 1997; published in Robin Hood in Popular
                Culture, edited by Thomas Hahn, 2000).

                Because the rest has been published in MYTHLORE.

                Best, Sarah Beach

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
                  Additional authors at Mythcon:

                  Marie Brennan
                  Tim Callahan
                  Alexis E. Fajardo (Kid Beowulf)
                  Valerie Estelle Frankel
                  Lisa Goldstein
                  Rosamund Hodge

                  - Mythcon programming dept.

                  > The following is my usual annual list of people at Mythcon this year who
                  > have ever published a book or article relevant to the Mythopoeic Society's
                  > broad interests, not counting those whose only publications are in the
                  > Society's journals. This is to give me and anyone else who might be
                  > interested
                  > information about what books or magazines to bring along for
                  > autographing.
                  > I specify that they are relevant to the Society's interests because,
                  > although I'm happy that you published a textbook on oceanography or on
                  > Renaissance art history, I don't think I will get a copy of it just
                  > because you
                  > wrote it. I'm not including articles in the Society's journals because
                  > the
                  > list would then be most of the Mythcon attendees if I included such
                  > articles.
                  > By the Society's broad interests I mean fiction or nonfiction about
                  > fantasy, mythology, science fiction, horror, or the Inklings. I got
                  > these names
                  > by combing through announcements of the attendees and guests at this
                  > year's
                  > Mythcon. If there are any additions or deletions, please post them to
                  > this mailing list.
                  >
                  > Wendell Wagner

                  > G. Ronald Murphy
                  > Malinda Lo
                  > Sherwood Smith
                  > Janet Croft
                  > Richard Lupoff
                  > Diane Paxson
                  > Susan Palwick
                  > Donald Williams
                  > Leslie Donovan
                  > David Bratman
                  > Joe Christopher
                  > Jason Fisher
                  > Christopher Gilson
                  > Carl Hostetter
                  > Arden Smith
                • Doug Kane
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 9, 2012
                    I will likely be there, at least part of the weekend, and I guess I qualify.

                    Doug Kane

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
                      Any chance at all that Zilpha Keatley Snyder might attend? I remember that she did attend the Berkley Mythcon that was held just before the LotR movies came out.
                      Mem

                      ___________________________________
                      Sent using PCI Broadband webmail
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 10, 2012
                        Although she did attend one Mythcon, she declined an invitation to the following local Mythcon in terms that made it unlikely that she would respond positively to further invitations. Because of our special theme this year and the focus of our panels, our combing of outside authors has been lighter than in the past.

                        David Bratman
                        Mythcon 43 programming

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 11, 2012
                          Thank you for letting me know, David. Meeting her, and hearing her speak, was the highlight of that Mythcon for me and an all around memorable experience.
                          Mem

                        • wendell_wagner
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                            As usual, I'm putting together a list of all the authors at Mythcon for the use of anyone who wants to get signatures on books or articles.  This is anyone who has published an article (not in a Mythopoeic publication) or a book connected with fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the Inklings.  This doesn't include publications about other subjects, since I want to limit the list.  It doesn't include authors of things in Mythopoeic publications, since that would include far too many of the people who are coming.  I'm using the list of attendees in P.R. 2 as my guide, but that may miss some people.

                            Wendell Wagner

                            Please post to this mailing list if there are corrections to be made to the following list:

                            Bratman, David
                            Christopher, Joe R.
                            Croft, Janet Brennan
                            Donovan, Leslie
                            Drout, Michael D.C.
                            Flieger, Verlyn
                            Hostetter, Carl
                            Olsen, Corey
                            Vernon, Ursula
                            West, Richard C.
                            Williams, Donald
                          • James Curcio
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014

                              When is mythcon? I need to put together my itinerary for Party at the World's End, which would be very myth con relevant now that i think of it... Slipped my mind sadly

                              Take A Trip Past The Event Horizon of Sanity:
                              http://www.PartyAtTheWorldsEnd.com
                              Sept 2014

                              On Aug 3, 2014 10:26 PM, "WendellWag@... [mythsoc]" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                            • Alana Joli Abbott
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 3, 2014
                                Wendell,

                                I will be there on Sunday -- not that I suspect anyone has old print copies of my books! I do have two fantasy novels out, which are now primarily available as e-books. The third is forthcoming and was funded via Kickstarter.

                                -Alana

                                Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
                                Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
                                Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
                              • David Emerson
                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                                  It's this weekend, James.

                                  http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/mythcon-45/

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Aug 4, 2014
                                      Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Mythcon this year. I had to cancel, but will miss seeing everyone!

                                      Leslie

                                      Leslie A. Donovan
                                      Full Professor, Honors College
                                      UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow