ADMIN: FWD:Yahoo! Completes eGroups Acquisition

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Just wanted to let everyone know that the Yahoo!-eGroups merger is
      complete. Other than having ads on the top, there are no major changes as
      yet. I'll keep everyone informed when substantial changes are forthcoming.

      Joan
      List Administrator
      ----- Forwarded Message Starts Here -----

      Dear Moderator:

      Yahoo! has completed its acquisition of eGroups, and we're happy to
      officially welcome you to the Yahoo! family. You can learn more about
      the completion of the deal by reading our press release
      (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000831/ca_yahoo_3.html). There is a great
      deal of work ahead as we work to bring eGroups into the Yahoo! network
      of services, but we're very excited about the future.

      We hope you'll be celebrating with us as we begin expanding our
      ability to help people collaborate, exchange ideas, and build
      relationships around the world.

      Although we're busy working on future plans, it's important to know
      that there will be no immediate changes to either the eGroups or
      Yahoo! Clubs services. All of the current features, policies, and
      services will continue to be supported.

      Users will continue to be governed by the Terms of Service they
      initially agreed to upon registering for either service. In other
      words, the eGroups Terms of Service will continue to apply to eGroups
      users.

      Short term, we'll continue planning for the integrated service, while
      trying our best to anticipate any major issues that might arise. We
      will share news on our progress in the merger discussion group, and we
      encourage you to participate in the dialogue by
      voicing your concerns.

      We understand there will be a lot of questions regarding this
      integration and we'll try to answer them all as best we can. We've
      also created a Help Center on Yahoo! to serve as a home for commonly
      asked questions (http://help.yahoo.com/help/egroups/).

      Thanks for your patience, encouragement, and feedback throughout this
      process.

      All the best,

      The folks from eGroups and Yahoo!

      ----- Forwarded Message Ends Here -----