Re: O Copyright Loremasters, Where Art Thou?

  • not_thou
    Message 1 of 49 , May 6, 2011
      ---"Jo Foster" <jfoster@...> wrote:
      >> From: Croft, Janet B.
      >> But haven't you ever been inspired to, say, wonder
      >> what THE ODYSSEY might look like if your main
      >> character wandered through the Depression-era
      >> southern states? Or wonder what HAMLET's story
      >> looked like from the viewpoint of two relatively
      >> minor characters?

      > But it has, e.g., ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN
      > ARE DEAD. Yes, a bit later but still. And Homer
      > won't sue.

      Not only won't Homer sue, but he didn't.

      -Merlin
    • John Rateliff
      Message 49 of 49 , May 10, 2011
        Yes, as David says, it's a great story. The closing sentence is particularly memorable -- but there's no way to share it with anyone without spoiling the story. It's not that often I call something a masterpiece, but "The Ugly Chickens" is one.
           --John R.

        On May 9, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Mem Morman wrote:
        I found the Walpole story on the web and read it this morning.  It made my day.  You go read it too.
        mem